Wednesday, October 6, 2010

As you might have guessed this was been the "stuffed stuff" week. Over the weekend I went to the farmers vegetable neighborhood..market and found that the eggplants were very fresh, plump, shiny and cheap..something like 1,20 euros per kilo...or two pounds. Interestingly enough they had all sizes both small and large. So the cook in me was inspired as to try to make both a variety of stuffed veggies, inlcuding eggplant as well as a Greek classic called Papoutsakia whcih means "little shoes". Down below you see the before and the after of the " little shoes". I will include the recipe if you want...let me know ...for both the dishes. Alexander's and Orestis's comments were most encouraging as they tasted both dishes. Please let me say in a very humble way..that I did congratulate myself as well. I will share with you a few tips that I tried for the first time and they contributed to the best of this recipe.



No comments: